About The Girl

My photo
California, United States
Not-so-silent observations that splinter my conversations. Harnessing the steady flow of random thoughts and musings that continuously interrupt my daily conversations. Paired here with my artwork and photographs from recent adventures. Non sequitur (pronounced \ˈnän-ˈse-kwə-tər\)- a response which, due to its apparent lack of meaning relative to its context, seems absurd to the point of being humorous or confusing.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

JUICY DETAILS




"One thing life has taught me: if you are interested, you never have to look for new interests. They come to you. When you are genuinely interested in one thing, it will always lead to something else."
Eleanor Roosevelt

Genuine interest is such a rarity these days...much like genuine, unabashed opinions, expressed candidly, without apology. Without judgement. Simply authentic passion about one's own feelings and opinions...

Thoughts on politics and religion awaken a sense of discomfort for many...but isn't this where the richness lies?

I am genuinely interested in expressive writing, candid art, exposed materials and manufacturing processes, the lost art of handwriting and letter writing, the soothing sound of old records, the smell of citrus, the warmth of stone in sun, the milling of cider, the pace of life beyond the urban sprawl...

What about you? What catches your eye, holds your attention and arouses your curiosity?

How do we find more time to lavish on these genuine interests?

2 comments:

  1. I am genuinely interested in:
    1) being a great parent for my son
    2) exploring photography
    3) illustration and design
    4) all things considered art
    5) investigating why I think the way I do
    6) learning more about people I meet
    7) creating food and sustaining health
    8) reading, reading, reading
    9) connecting with people
    10) simplifying life

    This all keeps me busy and although I am interested in a LOT more, this is my top ten.

    Still working on how to find more time to lavish on genuine interests but I'm thinking the top ten list is a good place to start. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! This is one of the best post i have read so far.

    home jobs

    ReplyDelete

I am always grateful for your comments. Thank you so very much for sharing!