About The Girl

My photo
California, United States
Not-so-silent observations that splinter my conversations. Harnessing the steady flow of random thoughts and musings that continuously interrupt my daily conversations. Paired here with my artwork and photographs from recent adventures. Non sequitur (pronounced \ˈnän-ˈse-kwə-tər\)- a response which, due to its apparent lack of meaning relative to its context, seems absurd to the point of being humorous or confusing.

Monday, June 14, 2010

STEADY DRIZZLE



Apparently I needed this...

I am an indestructible romantic. How can it be? I suppose it's not something that can be reasoned. And here in the poem I've written for today's challenge my softer side is revealed.

I've signed on for a creativity challenge. Creativity Boot Camp.

Didn't I just finish telling someone I didn't need a kick in the $%! Well, I suppose this is of a different variety. While I'm a motivated, self-achiever, this boot camp is pushing me explore other mediums, inspiring me to step beyond my comfortable forms of expression and encouraging daily creative outbursts.

Today's assignment was to explore a medium that originally inspired us. Way back when. And to work with the word "drizzle."

Oooh! Such a deliciously descriptive word! Reminds me of messy afternoons, cooking and licking fingertips. Honey, maple and chocolate syrup. Butter cream frosting...

Or the steady drizzle of a rainy Northwest day...coating eyelashes and tree branches.

We were also given this quote: “Painting is poetry that is seen rather than felt, and poetry is painting that is felt rather than seen.” ~Leonardo da Vinci

I was reminded of my need to add words, to speak to the art and clearly explain it for my audience. My words tend to accompany my pieces, arm-in-arm.

Today my piece combines my original photograph and poem...

If you remember back to when it all began, what originally inspired you? Is it possible to reconnect to that feeling, that medium, that moment of inspiration?

Are you willing to give it a try?!

Will what started as a drizzle develop into a deluge?

6 comments:

  1. This is a marvelous post and I love the combo of poetry and photography. As Leonardo said, they are a lovely marriage !
    Here's to going with that wonderful flow...
    Cheers !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kim! I just checked out your blog, Queen of Arts and am truly enjoying your unique mixture of words, illustrations and mixed media. I'm a latecomer to the creativity challenge. A friend mentioned it last week and so I decided to join in spontaneously. I look forward to revisiting last week's explorations after we finish. In the meantime, enjoy the process and thank you so much for your comments. I look forward to taking a peek at your blog throughout the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I'm in. I started with the first word though so now I have to catch up! Keep going... you motivated me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving those rainbow boots!
    A great post and brilliant take on the word.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love incurable romantics. What could be better than to always see the sweet side?

    Great work on this prompt, by the way. I am still pondering mine. Yes, I know. A little behind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos here are lovely, but this poem is my very favorite!

    ReplyDelete

I am always grateful for your comments. Thank you so very much for sharing!