About The Girl

My photo
California, United States
Not-so-silent observations that splinter my conversations. Harnessing the steady flow of random thoughts and musings that continuously interrupt my daily conversations. Paired here with my artwork and photographs from recent adventures. Non sequitur (pronounced \ˈnän-ˈse-kwə-tər\)- a response which, due to its apparent lack of meaning relative to its context, seems absurd to the point of being humorous or confusing.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

HUNGER


"The one I feed."

I am learning to feed myself.


There is a Native American parable about a grandfather who says, I feel as if I have two wolves fighting in my heart.


One wolf is the voracious, vengeful, angry one.


The other wolf is the loving, compassionate one.”


When asked which wolf will win the fight in his heart, the old man replies, “The one I feed.”


Hunger pains.

How do we learn to “feed” the aspects of ourselves that heal us, that grow us, that help us to thrive?


I feel the wolves have an insatiable appetite!


I have been experimenting with thinking less, quieting my internal dialogue. Creating my artwork, walking and meditating are feeding this hunger to stay present. I feel as though it's a precarious walk along a very fine tight rope!


Which wolf are your feeding today?

What does your unger look, feel and sound like?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always grateful for your comments. Thank you so very much for sharing!