About The Girl

My photo
California, United States
Not-so-silent observations that splinter my conversations. Harnessing the steady flow of random thoughts and musings that continuously interrupt my daily conversations. Paired here with my artwork and photographs from recent adventures. Non sequitur (pronounced \ˈnän-ˈse-kwə-tər\)- a response which, due to its apparent lack of meaning relative to its context, seems absurd to the point of being humorous or confusing.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

LISTEN CLOSELY!

Whenever I hear this piece...
I imagine I am lying in the fields of Willa Cather's My Antonia.
Tall grass rippling in smooth waves.
Running arms wide open through fields of gold.
Gentle, almost inaudible rustle of dry grass.
Caress of sun-ripened seed against bare skin.
Dancing with the warm breeze.
Shimmering against the glow of the setting sun...

Listen closely! Breath - taking...

Listen to the post above.
Close your eyes. What do you feel?

"Once more with joy O my home I may meet
Once more ye fair, flowr'y meadows I greet
My Pilgrim's staff henceforth may rest
Since Heaven's sweet peace is within my breast.
The sinner's 'plaint on high was heard
On high was heard and answered by the Lord
The tears I laid before His shrine
Are turned to hope and joy divine.
O Lord eternal praise be Thine!
The blessed source of Thy mercy overflowing
On souls repentant seek Ye, all-knowing
Of hell and death, I have no fear
For thou my Lord are ever near.
Alleluia!
Alleluia!
Alleluia!
For evermore.

Listen closely!
Right about minutes 2:15...it takes my breath away every time I hear it...you can feel the music and the mood turn a corner. It's a physical sensation.
Even though I know it's coming the anticipation, the voices and the music lead me on...

It's truly amazing how the music inspires the feeling of tears turning to hope and joy...as if the tide were building and then the crest of the wave begins to fall.

And yes, I vividly recall the Warner Brothers animated short, "What's Opera Doc?" set to Wagner's Tannhauser Pilgrim's Chorus with reworked lyrics.

Classic Bugs Bunny! Superimposing Looney Tunes over Wagner. Intertwining rich music with wit and comedy...

What ever happened to Saturday morning cartoons?!

(Ever-so-educational. Seriously. ow was I first exposed to Wagner?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always grateful for your comments. Thank you so very much for sharing!