About The Girl

My photo
California, United States
Not-so-silent observations that splinter my conversations. Harnessing the steady flow of random thoughts and musings that continuously interrupt my daily conversations. Paired here with my artwork and photographs from recent adventures. Non sequitur (pronounced \ˈnän-ˈse-kwə-tər\)- a response which, due to its apparent lack of meaning relative to its context, seems absurd to the point of being humorous or confusing.

Saturday, August 22, 2009

DETAILS








I am a recovering runner.
I would rush and hustle and hurry with a fierce pace, everywhere. Miles would pass in a sort of hazy blur. My sole concern was to push farther, go faster.
In my haste I missed all of these lovely details. The subtleties, like the first signs of the changing seasons, would go unnoticed.

I am grateful for the power of slowness. Now I appreciate meandering. I savour soaking up the details. Noticing. Listening.
What do you notice when you slow down?

2 comments:

  1. Today I noticed the smells of roses and plumeria. Heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do I notice when I slow down?
    I notice the beating of my heart that races to a fast paced life. I strain to hold back and slow down, unfortunately not an easy thing for me. I also notice that when I do slow down, I am VERY tired.
    Must learn to slow down...better... after I do this one last task...sigh...

    ReplyDelete

I am always grateful for your comments. Thank you so very much for sharing!